In a 1,250-word paper, describe how to decrease patient falls within your local Florida hospital (just stay generic and I will update regarding my hospital) and propose a quality improvement initiative based on evidence-based practice. Apply “The Road to Evidence-Based Practice” process (PROVIDED AS ATTACHMENT), illustrated in Chapter 4 of your textbook, to create your proposal.
Use the template provided.
Include the following:
1. Provide an overview of patient falls within the hospital and the setting in which the problem or issue occurs (generally elderly patients over 65).
2. Explain why a quality improvement initiative is needed regarding patient falls and the expected outcome.
3. Discuss how the results of previous research demonstrate support for the quality improvement initiative and its projected outcomes. Include a minimum of three United States peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years with an internet link to the article (It must not cost money to access the article), that establish evidence in support of the quality improvement proposed.
4. Discuss steps necessary to implement the quality improvement initiative. Provide evidence and rationale to support your answer.
5. Explain how the quality improvement initiative will be evaluated to determine whether there was improvement.
6. Support your explanation by identifying the variables, hypothesis test, and statistical test that you would need to prove that the quality improvement initiative succeeded (KEEP THIS SIMPLE, VERY BASIC STATS CLASS).
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
I provide an article that may or may not assist you. Feel free to use or discard as you please.