Title: Deconstructing chronic pain management: Enabling versus Empowerment
Description: I want the paper to tell the reader that there are more ways to treat chronic pain than continually prescribing opioids. The reader needs to be able to understand how the nurse practitioner will manage the chronic pain, including suggesting alternative treatments for pain, be compassionate and maintain a healthy relationship (setting boundaries), and vitally important empower the patient not enable them just because they may perceive that they are entitled to opioids.
Pages: 12-15 (excluding title page and references)
Format: APA 7th edition
• Identify a clinical practice problem: Clinicians enabling narcotic use without alternative options or limitations.
• Select one conceptual model (Hamric’s Model) to solve the clinical problem and explain why chose this model:
1. Direct clinical practice–What can the nurse practitioner do in their practice to resolve the problem and or deter enabling narcotic use.
2. Guidance–How can the nurse practitioner provide guidance?
3. Consultation—Who can the nurse practitioner consult with? Pain management specialist?
4. Evidence Based Practice—Suggest and implement solutions based on evidence-based research that will support clinical practice.
5. Leadership—Lead by example, explore options to narcotic use such as other modalities (e.g. massage therapy, acupuncture) and set boundaries such as supporting pain management contracts.
6. Collaboration—Collaborate with colleagues to reach common ground when it comes to pain management.
7. Ethical Decision Making—Make sound judgements that cause no further harm.
Select and discuss 4 DNP Essentials (see DNP Essential attachment) relevant to your selected practice problem. (There are 8 Essentials and I have selected 4 that are the most appropriate and relevant to the topic).
1. Essential II: Organizational and Systems Leadership Quality Improvement and Systems Thinking
2. Essential VI: Interprofessional Collaboration for Improving Patient and population health outcomes.
3. Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population health for Improving the Nation’s Health
4. Essential VIII: Advanced Nursing Practice
Explain how and why the DNP Essentials can be applied to the model you identified and your practice problem.
Identify and discuss how specific DNP intervention strategies, based upon the DNP Essentials, would work to provide for optimal outcomes.
Evaluate potential outcomes for this practice problem.
Use scholarly/peer-reviewed resources (a minimum of 10 articles, with 6 minimum research articles).
Paper Grading Rubic:
Purpose of paper is clearly stated. Evaluates resources. Paper flows logically with problem identified with solutions suggested to improve quality of care.
Paper has organized format with appropriate headings. Transition of thought flows smoothly logically throughout paper, with one thought following the previous one in a logical manner.
Uses at least 10 articles with 6 of those articles being from peer-reviewed/research sources that provide adequate evidence to support clinical problem solution.
Exhibits synthesis of literature with appropriate references and citing throughout paper with substantial information obtained mostly from nursing literature.
Uses APA format (7th edition) with appropriate references and quality writing that demonstrates proper punctuation, grammar, spelling, with no block quotes.