Must post first.
1. Choose any one of the scenarios/questions below for your initial post.
2. Click “Start a New Thread.”
3. In the subject line, put the letter of your question along with the descriptor, i.e. “Q1 Nurse Scenario”, “Q2 HCAPHS”.
4. When you have completed your post, click “Post.”
5. Respond to at least two others’ posts. Choose a peer that does not have any responses yet. If everyone has a response, choose anyone.
6. As a matter of courtesy and continued engagement, you should answer questions and reply to comments your peers have given you.
Scenarios/Questions (choose one)
1. In acute care, a charge nurse is assigned to oversee a unit, and a nursing supervisor oversees the nursing role across a facility. All work together to control the flow of patients in and out of the unit and facility, make staffing assignments, and assist with problems and crises. Consider this situation: A nurse is dealing with a crisis for one patient and misses a second patient crisis—a young woman who died from a postoperative hemorrhage. In this tragic situation, competing crisis events on the unit prevented a nurse from adequately monitoring other assigned patients on the unit. The charge nurse and nursing supervisor stated in the Board of Nursing’s investigation of the event that they depended on the individual nurse to alert them if help was needed.
Question: Describe a systems-based solution that could have prevented this event. (DO NOT state what the nurse should have done differently; you are to describe a systems-based solution, not a personal, professional one.)
2. Download the HCAPHS survey from Brightspace and review the survey questions.
Question: Based on your observations in clinicals or in your job, describe a systems-based issue and a solution to that issue that has an impact of the quality of nursing care measured by at least one of the questions on the HCAPHS survey.
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other threads