1) To show your understanding and knowledge of a primary special need. (Hearing Impaired)
1) Use website evaluation (Links to an external site.) and information literacy skills (Links to an external site.)
2) To practice your writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
3) Gather knowledge of a special need commonly seen in early childhood settings.
4) You will show attention to detail.
2) Describe the primary conditions for which children need additional support for optimal development and learning
6) Identify professional and ethical guidelines for early childhood special educators
7) Identify, research, and apply effective ways to work with children with disabilities and their families
Step 1) Choose a primary condition commonly seen in early childhood settings ( Hearing Impaired). Conduct Research (see Criteria for Success for additional instructions)
At minimum, you must cover the following in your paper (3-4 pages max not including the APA citations or web evaluations/size 12/double spaced with an introduction and conclusion):
a) Briefly explain what you know about the primary condition.
b) What do teachers in early childhood facilities need to know and do in their classroom environment, curriculum, and interactions to support the child with this primary condition in their educational journey?
c) How can teachers support the parents of children who have special needs?
d) Briefly, what professional and ethical guidelines should teachers know and follow?
e) Include a list of at least a total of 3 (not including the textbook and other course readings) citations in APA format. You must use a variety of sources (Websites/studies/written (not online) articles/books/specialist interviews and so on are all options). You are strongly encouraged to use the library databases as part of your research.
f) For any website/video source submit a website evaluation (Links to an external site.) or Video Evaluation
– unless you have obtained the source from the LWTech Library database. (scholarly articles do not require evaluations).
Criteria for Success
a) You must use at least 3 sources (not including the textbook/reading requirements) that follow/meet the requirements of the link above.
b) You must use a variety of sources (Websites/studies/written (not online) articles/books and so on are all options). – see the requirements for web/video evaluation forms
c) Use a readable font/size 12/double space