Personal Improvement Project
• Review any Instructor feedback from your Personal Improvement Project Outline, and consider any suggestions you may have received from your Instructor and colleagues in the Week 3 Discussion.
• Reflect on the experience you have gained with the improvement process and how it may apply to a professional quality improvement project.
The Assignment (4–5 pages, not counting tables, graphs, diagrams, and charts):
Part 1: Aim
• Clearly state the aim of your project.
Part 2: Process Analysis
• Consider the process leading to the results that you aimed to improve. Create a process map to identify the steps in the process and identify the people (other than you) who were involved in the process.
Part 3: Measurement
• Describe the data collection method used, including an explanation of what you measured and how. Be specific.
• Present the data in a table, graph, diagram, run chart, or XmR chart.
Part 4: Changes
• There is a saying, “Not all change leads to improvement, but all improvement leads to change.” Explain the changes you made based on the data. What worked? What didn’t work?
Part 5: Reflection and Application
• Reflect on your Personal Improvement Project and what you learned.
• Explain how you will maintain ongoing improvement in this area long-term.
• Explain how you could use knowledge from this experience to facilitate both a unit-level and an organization-level change in a nursing workplace. Be specific and provide examples.