The purpose of this assignment is for you to personally analyze your own career socialization.
What factors, influences, and events have shaped your own career development?
This paper should capture a personal and career analysis of your life form the values, attitudes, and behaviors that you have developed up to this point in your life. What specific factors, people, and events make your career development different from any other person?
For example, how has your career development been differentially affected by
1) your early childhood experiences,
2) your parent of family values,
3) societal influences in school, the media, and overall values of the American culture,
4) your personality, 5) socioeconomic, race, class, ethnic, and religious factors,
7) specific events or transitions in your life, and
8) psychosocial, emotional, and psychological barriers/problems.
Your paper should specifically address many of these areas. Your content is your own knowledge about how you have been socialized. Personal reflection, discussion with others, and a conscious awareness of your past and present are prerequisites for completing this assignment. Papers are to be typed (double space, 12 pt font)