Suppose your group works as a virtual team in a Saudi company that deals with local and global clients. The company main purpose is to provide digital marketing services and solutions. A task has been given to you by the CEO. The task includes building a connection with a South African brand that wants to open an office in AL Khobar, Eastern Province. The task is considered completed when you propose a strategy to the international company representative and receive their feedback.
The group needs to be divided as follows: one team manager, one representative from the international brand, one technical support expert, and one or two general members.
Write a reflection on your group work process in creating the team, choosing the tools, working on the tasks and reporting the strategy to the client.
Reflection (due by Week 10) [20 marks]
The reflection should be written after you establish a successful virtual team. The reflection should describe the process of 4 main components of virtual management: team building, tools, procedures, and task management. Please use these guidelines on how to do so:
1. Virtual Team: (5 marks)
In this section, you need to describe the workings of your virtual team.
• Name your team.
• Who are your team members, and what are their roles?
• What are the personal objectives for each member?
• What is the collective goal for your team?
• Refer to the four different stages of team building? Have you experienced these stages (discuss)
2. Virtual Tool (5 marks)
In this section, you describe the process of choosing a tool for your virtual team.
• What virtual tool did you use to manage the tasks?
• Describe the features this tool has.
• Why did you choose these tools? What are the other options?
• Suppose your budget was SAR 10k; how did you use that budget to get the best possible tool?
• How frequently does the team meet? How long is each meeting?
• What are the meeting minutes? How have they been used effectively?
3. Virtual work dynamics
• How did you create a virtual office?
• What are the challenges that you faced in your work?
• How did you utilize vacation time, holiday times?
• How did you divide the workload?
• What are the challenges that your team faced in communication?
4. Reports and presentations (5 marks)
• Provide an example of a proposed strategy that your team worked on to make the marketing campaign successful for the international company.
• The report should be 300 words that describe the best practices of doing virtual marketing in Saudi Arabia.
o The report should have an introduction, brief strategy, and conclusion.
• Include graphs and statistics to support your report.
• The international company representative in your team should provide his/her feedback on the report
• The rest of the team should address those comments.
• Conclude your reflection.
• APA reference system https://student.unsw.edu.au/apa
• About plagiarism http://wts.indiana.edu/pamphlets/plagiarism.shtml
• About plagiarism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism